Alpha File Loader is designed to compose and store messages, animations, and graphics in specific memory areas of Alpha and Betabrite signs. It is a full-featured software program that provides a message editor for each Alpha or Betabrite memory area. Each editor has pull-down menus for modes, positions, characters, colors, speeds, animations, international characters, special characters, editing features, and more. Each editor has its own message simulator that displays the message exactly as it will display on the Alpha or Betabrite sign.Alpha File Loader program was designed for two types of users:
- Users with the Alpha Discrete Input Interface Device who need a convenient way to program up to 36 messages in their Alpha signs. These stored messages are triggered automatically by the Alpha Discrete Input Interface Device. Absent Alpha File Loader, users must enter messages using the Infrared Keyboard. This is time-consuming and error-prone process. There is no way to save messages composed with the infrared keyboard, and there is no way to easily replace all the messages with a different set of messages.
- Users who do not have a computer where their sign is normally used. These locations include buses, taxis, and limousines; restaurants and bars; coin laundries; convenience stores; trade show booths; department store point-of-sale; business, church, or casino lobbies; and many others. These users need a way to program their signs with multiple stored messages that can be triggered easily with two or three keystrokes on the Infrared Keyboard.
A sign could have a stored message list like this:
- A-WELCOME, TIME, and DATE
- B-HAPPY HOUR FROM 5-6PM
- C-MARGARITAS $5.95
- D-BUFFET DINNER $10.95
- E-FRIDAY NIGHT IS KARAOKE NIGHT
- F-HAPPY BIRTHDAY
- G-SORRY, WE'RE CLOSED. WE REOPEN AT 9 AM.
- H-COFFEE AND DONUT SPECIAL $2
- I-LUNCH SPECIAL-BURGER AND FRIES $5
The Infrared Keyboard can be used to RUN A or RUN B or RUN ABC.
Alpha File Loader meets the needs of these users. It allows multiple lists of messages to be composed easily, saved on disk, and a selected list of messages can be transmitted quickly to an Alpha or Betabrite sign. Saved messages can be retrieved from disc, modified, and transmitted to the sign. Alpha File Loader supports RS232, RS485, TCP/IP, and UDP connectivity. It will automatically play one message, selected messages, or all messages when the messages are transmitted to the sign(s), and it can trigger special devices, such as strobe lights, stack lights, and alarms.
Software Technical Support
All of these programs and software tools are supported by the knowledgeable and experienced programmers, instructors, technicians and application support personnel at Alpha-American Programmable Signs.
Assistance is available by telephone, on site in your location, by e-mail, or online at this informative web site.