Call Center Statistics Display System
- Nortel Meridian -
Convenient and Automatic -- ACD Call Centers with Nortel
Meridian ACD phone systems may use the popular Alpha programmable
LED Signs (readerboards) to exhibit ACD Call Center statistics and
Supervisor messages to Agents and Supervisors in one or more call centers,
groups, queues, splits, skillsets or application areas. If Supervisors
and Agents PC's are on a local area network using a Windows®
platform (95, 98, NT, 2000, XP), then Supervisors may type messages
on their PC using a browser screen and Internet Explorer. The ACD statistics
and messages display on the Alpha LED readerboards and optionally on
Agent and Supervisor computer screens.
The Alpha Call Center System reads real-time and historical ACD statistics
from the Meridian system in several ways. A Serial connection to a properly
equipped and programmed Supervisor phone will report Calls Waiting,
Longest Wait and Positions Manned. A Serial or Ethernet connection to
real-time and historical reports will report a long list of additional
ACD fields. The Alpha system will also report ODBC/SQL custom queries
of selected data fields in one or more databases.
- When agents are able to see "real time" call waiting status, sharp
increases in productivity and dramatic reductions in "Calls Abandoned",
"Calls Waiting", and "Longest Wait" are reported. Through the use
of visual and audible alerts, agents know within seconds when Call
Center statistics exceed acceptable thresholds.
- Call Center Supervisors are no longer "tied" to their desks watching
a computer terminal. They can use their time more productively, focusing
on agent performance, on problems with customers and on training.
- Higher Call Center service levels translate into better customer
service and faster response time to customer requirements.
- Telephone equipment and personnel are utilized more efficiently.
- Call Center Supervisor and agent communications are improved and
are speeded up. Typed messages can be broadcast simultaneously to
all agents in a Call Center.
||CW =Calls Waiting
||SL =Service Level
||LW =Longest Wait
||AVA = Available Agents
- Display Flexibility ??? Each Alpha LED Sign (readerboard) is individually addressable. This provides tremendous flexibility in specifying the ACD statistics and supervisor messages and the queues that display on each readerboard. Each readerboard can display a different combination of queues and ACD statistics. Several queues may be displayed on the same readerboard, and different combinations of queues may be displayed on different reader-boards. Messages may be sent to all readerboards, to specific groups of readerboards, or to individual readerboards.
Multiple Nortel Interfaces ??? The Alpha Call Center Statistics Display System will read and display ACD statistics from one or more specially equipped Supervisor Phones, from one or more MAX system reports, and from multiple sources at the same time. This means that your Alpha readerboards can show the widest variety of ACD statistics -- Calls Waiting, Longest Wait, Positions Manned, Timed Overflow, as well as any MAX statistics shown in ACD-MAX and Meridian-MAX reports.
Other Required Items:
- Alpha Controller - Our current system is a Pentium 5 Computer System with 256MB of High Speed RAM, 20GB 7200 rpm Hard Disk, 1.44MB 3.5" Diskette Drive, 52X CD-ROM Drive, 2 High Speed Serial Ports, 3COM 100BT Network Interface Card, 32MB VGA Display Adapter, Windows Keyboard, Microsoft PS/2 Optical Mouse, 56Kb 3COM Internal Modem, 17" SuperVGA Monitor and Surge Suppressor Power Strip. All software is pre-loaded and configured at Alpha-American before delivery. The Alpha Controller may be set up by the customer or by our installation staff.
- Meridian Supervisor Phone with Data Port ??? An M2216, M2616 or M2008 Integrated ACD Voice/Data Terminal with MPDA or MCA and a Wall Transformer is required. The M2216/2616/2008 should have the ACD Display and Power Board Options. A handset is not required. NOTE: An M2216 and M2616 will monitor statistics for up to sixty queues. An M2008 will monitor five queues.
- DWC Keys ??? Your telecom specialist must program one DWC (Display Waiting Calls) key on your M2216/ 2616/2008 to Display Waiting Call Statistics for each queue.
- A MAX Supervisor User Login and Password must be assigned for use by the Alpha Controller, if MAX is used.
- RS-485 Network Communications Cable must be run from the Alpha Controller to the first Alpha LED Sign and from the first Alpha LED Sign to the next, etc. The cable requirements depend on how many Alpha LED Signs are needed and how far away from the Alpha Controller they will be located. Alpha LED Signs may be attached up to 10,000 feet from the Alpha Controller. The cable used should be a quality UL listed cable. This cable may be ordered with the Alpha LED Signs, or it may be purchased locally. Many customers use CAT5 telephone cable. The cabling is connected between RS-485 Network Adapters (surface mounted or recessed telephone company-type RJ11 modular adapter jacks or "biscuit" boxes) installed at each Alpha LED Sign and at the Alpha Controller. The individual Alpha readerboards and the Converter Box are then connected to the RS-485 Network Adapters using RS-485 Modular Cables. Additional cabling information is provided upon receipt of order or upon request.
- Modem Phone Line ??? A modem (analog) line and telephone jack must be installed near the Alpha Controller to connect the modem. This phone line and modem are used to install the Alpha software and to modify the software to your exact requirements. They are also used to troubleshoot problems, if and when problems occur.
- Electricity ??? 24 hour electrical wall plugs should be installed within 6' of each device. Four electrical wall plugs installed within 6' of the Alpha Controller are also required (for the Alpha Controller, SuperVGA Monitor, the RS-232/485 Converter Box and Nortel Wall Transformer for the M2216/2616/2008). One or two conditioned power strips, or optionally, an UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply), plugged into live electrical wall plugs near the Alpha Controller will usually satisfy this requirement.
- Installation of the Alpha Controller, remote access software, Alpha software, cabling and all Alpha LED Signs.
What to Order from Alpha-American:
- One or more Alpha LED Signs (Readerboards). Some Call Centers install one readerboard for each split. Others display the statistics for several splits on a single readerboard. You have the choice of displaying both ACD statistics and Supervisor messages on the same readerboard or you can use two readerboards ??? one for messages and one for ACD statistics. If you have a large Call Center, you may need more than one readerboard for everyone to be able to see a display. In large call centers, larger displays, such as the Alpha 9000 series or multi-line AlphaVision readerboards are sometimes required for all agents to be able to see their ACD statistics, depending on how the agents' desks are situated in the room.
- Display Connectivity Items ??? The following items are required to connect Alpha readerboards to the Alpha Controller.
- Alpha RS-232 to RS-485 Converter Box ??? Converts information from RS-232 to a protocol that will travel up to 10,000 feet over RS-485 Network Cable.
- Alpha RS-232 Type ???A??? Serial Cable ??? Connects Converter Box to Alpha Controller.
- RS-485 Modular Cable ??? One for each readerboard. Connects readerboard to Network Adapter
- RS-485 Network Adapter ??? One for each readerboard. Connects Network Cable and Modular Cable.
- RS-485 Network Cable ??? Connects Converter Box to each Network Adapter.
- Alpha Call Center System ??? Includes:
- Alpha Call Center System ??? ACD Statistics and Messaging Display Software ??? connects to the Nortel Meridian phone system via the Meridian Supervisor Phone and/or via MAX or other superisor report view, reads and formats ACD statistics and messages, and displays them in brilliant colors on Alpha readerboards (local or remote) and optionally in an Alpha Popup display on Agent and Supervisor workstations.
- Networking Alpha Signs Manual and Alpha Call Center System Instruction Manual.
- Lifetime software technical and customer support.
- Training assistance by phone as needed.
- One-year parts and labor depot warranty on hardware.
- Alpha Controller ??? a Pentium III computer system, 17" SuperVGA Color Monitor and 56Kb Internal Modem with Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 2, Critical Updates and Security Patches applied, and application and test software pre-loaded on the hard disk drive.
- Meridian 2216 with Data Port ??? Includes:
- Nortel M2216 with ACD Display
- Meridian Communications Adapter
- Power Board Option
- Wall Transformer
- Telephone Line Cord
- Serial Attachment Cable
- Turnkey Installation ??? We will come to your facility to install and attach the Alpha Controller and the Alpha LED Signs. We will work with your facility manager to install the Alpha LED Signs, and we will work with your telephone specialist to attach the Alpha ACD Statistics Display System properly to your phone system and to verify the wiring and connections between the Alpha LED Signs and the Alpha Controller. When the hardware is installed and operational, we will train your personnel in the use of the system. Prior to our visit, you should have electricity, cabling and jacks installed at the Alpha Controller location and at each Alpha LED Sign location.
- Remote Messaging (via LAN) ??? This option allows Supervisors to transmit messages from their own PC on a LAN to one or more LED Signs.
- Screen Popup to Display ACD Statistics on Agent PCs ??? ACD Statistics may be displayed in a pop-up window on an Agent or Supervisor's PC screen, if the PCs are on a network. To use this option, your IT or LAN administrator must install our Alpha Popup client software on the user???s PC workstation.
The information and availability of hardware and software described in this brochure are subject to change without notice. Meridian 1, MPDA, MCA and MAX are trademarks of Nortel. Windows?? is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Alpha??? is a trademark of Adaptive Micro Systems.
Alpha Call Center System ??? ACD Statistics and Messaging - Nortel Meridian Version.
Click here to display a list of Alpha Call Center System video demonstrations that may be viewed.
- The prices for each of the components of the Alpha Call Center System are provided in the printed document (see Literature above). For readerboard prices, please call Alpha-American at (800) 223-4636 or use our Request Form.
- 7.75% California Sales Tax is added to sales of items delivered in California, unless other arrangements are made.
- Shipping charges are added to each order.
- Submit orders by fax, mail, e-mail or telephone.
- Various terms are available.
Copyright and Disclaimer Notices